Creating Your Own Website Dedicated To Cars
For most car enthusiasts, creating a website dedicated to cars holds a lot of appeal. But there are a number of steps involved in the same. After the successful completion of the designing and setting up of the website, it needs to be promoted so that it can attract visitors and enthusiasts alike.
The steps involved in setting up car websites are:
Site plan development: There are several software packages available for drawing up a site plan. This site plan should
- Include information about your main pages or main categories,
- Show the relationship prevalent between these pages,
- Show the path to be used by visitors to navigate between these pages and
- Briefly describe the contents of these pages.
Graphical design development: Car websites should be graphically designed in such a way that it looks clean and attractive enough to be visually appealing to visitors. However, care must be taken to ensure that heavy graphics or animations are not used. This will only slow down the loading of the website thereby testing the patience of the visitors and making them leave the site.
- Contents should be related to cars: The contents to be uploaded should be in accordance to the site plan created and related to interesting topics about cars. These topics can
- Either be hand-coded in HTML by using text editors like Notepad or
- Content management software like WordPress can be used to produce content.
Transferring content to the service hosting your website: This can be done in two ways:
- Hand-coded pages are transferred using FTP or
- Files made using content management software are generally available in a database present on the server itself and transfer of the same is not required.
Testing the website made: After the website is made, it needs to be tested to see if it is functioning properly. To ensure the same:
- The site has to be accessed from the internet browser,
- The site appearance and intended functions should be thoroughly checked,
- Hyperlinks, if any, need to be opened and checked to see if they are functioning and
- Video and audio contents uploaded also need to be accessed to see the output.
Attracting visitors to the website: Lastly the website needs to be promoted using the techniques of
- SEO or search engine optimisation,
- PPC or pay-per-click marketing campaigns etc.
The number of visitors coming to your site depends on how well you market the site. Hence special attention needs to be paid to this so that the efforts you put in are aptly rewarded.