Finding suitable SUV can be challenging with few quality options available in the market. Besides when it comes to brand expectations of consumers exceed. For decades, Mercedes-Benz models are dominating the market in terms of space, power, and luxury features. Toyota’s Lexus RX 350 is defined as ‘carefree, capable, active, versatile, responsive, luxurious, stylish and successful’.
To understand where both brands stand let’s put both top competitors Mercedes Benz and Lexus SUV under the radar before making a purchase decision. In many areas both seem similar like bot have 3.5-liter V6 engine under the hood. There are other areas, which may surprise drivers. Both Mercedes-Benz and Lexus belong to the same luxury SUV segment.
Quick comparison between Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 versus Lexus RX 350
Performance & power
- For Mercedes Benz GLE 350 performance is the game. It is powered with 3.5L V6 engine, which churns 302hp along with 273lb/feet of torque. Thus maximum 6,600 pounds can be towed with ease.
- As Lexus RX 350 operates on same 3.5L V6 engine, it musters 295hp along with 268lb/feet of torque. It tows just 1500 pounds.
This may not seem a lot of difference but certainly can get noticed on city streets.
When all seats are in upright position in GLE, you get 38.2 cubic feet cargo space available. This is 20 feet more than Rx 350s 18.4 cubic feet.
Standard luxury features
Buying luxury SUV means, consumers need all fixings that GLE delivers. Amenities that are made available on Mercedes Benz models are standard, which are totally unavailable in RX 350. Therefore, the cost of former is more and it comes ahead of the latter in areas, which matter the most.
- Eucalyptus wood trim
- ATTENTION ASSIST [for monitoring drowsy driving]
- Steering wheel wrapped with Nappa leather
- Trailer stability assist
- Crosswind assist
- Central controller
- Sliding sunroof or power tilt
- HD radio receiver
- Heated/cooled seats
- Garage door opener
Pros and cons
- For RX 350, you enjoy soft plush rides, interiors are roomy, and cargo space is big.
- For GLE, you get powerful engine, elegant cabin, and generous cargo space. In addition, above average anticipated reliability score.
- For RX 350 interior design is old and infotainment controller is awkward.
- For GLE the cost of ownership is extremely high.
Mercedes-Benz comes ahead but you can take a test drive of both luxury SUVs at the dealership in Nashville to get to know, whose companion you like the most. In the end, buying Mercedes Benz GLE 350 or a Lexus RX 350 is personal preference.